For all you pumpkin lovers out there looking to get more creative than just the pie and the PSL (Pumkin Spice Latte) recipe, try my “no bake” cookies! They are a quick, easy and relatively healthy snack that will give you natural energy (video above). I like to have one before I make dinner or bring one with me in the car to snack on as a weapon against Hangriness.
– 1/2 Can Pureed Pumpkin – Farmer’s Market Organic is a good organic option
– 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
– 3 Cups Rolled Oats
– 1 1/4 Cup of Sugar or sweetener of choice – can use 1 cup of honey
– 1 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
– 2/3 Cup of Peanut Butter
– 1/2 Cup of Milk of your choice – I use coconut Silk with vanilla
– 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
– 1/2 Stick of Butter or coconut oil
1. (This was not in the video – I’ve discovered it since!) To a little bit of butter in a medium sized pot, add pumpkin and spices and cook it on medium for a few minutes just to reduce the “squashy” taste.
2. Add milk, butter & both sugars and bring to a boil.
3. Boil for 1 minute
3. Remove from heat.
4. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla extract.
5. Mix in the oats.
6. Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to place cookie size discs on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
7. Place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
8. Enjoy! Especially if you use coconut oil & honey, these guys get gooey when thawed, so they’re not ones to leave out long or pack in lunches for later. 🎃